- Cookies policy
In accordance with the duty of information as per section 2 of article 22 of Law 34/2002, of 11th July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, this cookies policy has the purpose of informing you clearly and accurately of the cookies that are used on the website of Kaotiko SL.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when accessing certain websites. Cookies enable a web page, among other things, to store and recover information about a user’s browsing habits or their device and, depending on the information they contain and how they use the device, they can be used to recognise the user. The user's browser memorises the cookies on the hard drive only during the current session, taking up a minimum amount of memory and not harming the computer. Cookies do not contain any kind of specific personal information, and most of them are deleted from the hard drive at the end of the browsing session (those called session cookies).
Most browsers accept cookies as standard and, irrespective of them, temporary or memorised cookies can be enabled or disabled in the security settings.
Without your express consent (by enabling cookies on your browser), the cookies will not be linked to the data stored with your personal information provided at the time of registration or purchase.
Types of cookies
Depending on who manages the domain the cookies are sent from and which processes the data, a distinction will be made between own cookies and third party cookies.
Cookies can also be classified according to the time period for which they are stored on the user’s browser, with a distinction made between session cookies or permanent cookies.
Finally, depending on the purpose for which the information collected is processed, cookies can be classified in the following categories:
- Technical cookies: Are those that enable the user to browse a website, platform or application and to use the different options or services that exist on it, such as, for example, controlling the traffic and communication of data, identifying the session, accessing areas of restricted access, remembering items that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, completing the registration application or application to participate in an event, using security elements while browsing, storing contents for the dissemination of videos or sound, or sharing contents through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: Are those that enable the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria on the user’s device, such as, for example, the language, type of browser through which the service is being accessed, the regional setting from where the service is being accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: Are those that, whether handled by us or by third parties, enable us to quantify the number of users and therefore measure and carry out the statistical analysis of the use that users make of the service offered. To do this, your browsing on our web page is analysed for the purpose of improving the offer of products or services that we offer you.
- Advertising cookies: Are those that, whether they are handled by us or third parties, enable us to manage the advertising spaces on the website as effectively as possible, matching the content of the advert to the content of the service requested or to the use you make of our website. This is why we are able to analyse your internet browsing habits and we can show you adverts that are related to your browsing profile.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: Are those that enable the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included on a web page, application or platform from which it provides the service requested. These cookies store information about the behaviour of the users which is obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which enables a specific profile to be created to show advertising in accordance with this.
Cookies used on the website
The web portal uses different types of cookies for different purposes, the cookies used are listed below:
- Cookie: PHPSESSID
Purpose: This cookie is used by the php encrypted language to allow the session variables to be stored on the web server. It is essential for the working of the website.
- Cookie: _gcl_au
Ownership: Third party (Google Analytics)
Duration: 2 months
Purpose: It registers a unique ID which is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.
- Cookie: _fbp
Ownership: Third party (Facebook)
Duration: 2 months
Purpose: It collects information from the visit to personalise the advertising for the user.
- Cookie: fr
Ownership: Third party (Facebook)
Duration: 2 months
Purpose: It registers the user’s behaviour on the website.
|PHPSESSID||Own||Technical||This cookie is used by the php encrypted language to allow the session variables to be stored on the web server. It is essential for the working of the website.||Session|
|_gcl_au||Third party (Google Analytics)||Analytical||It registers a unique ID which is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.||2 months|
|_fbp||Third party (Facebook)||Advertising||It collects information from the visit to personalise the advertising for the user.||2 months|
|fr||Third party (Facebook)||Advertising||It registers the user’s behaviour on the website.||2 months|
How to change the cookies settings
You can restrict, block or delete the cookies from Kaotiko SL or any other website using your browser. It works differently in each browser, you can find out how to do this in your browser’s help menu which will establish the procedure for their deletion. For more information:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=es
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
The website may not work correctly when cookies are disabled or you may not be able to access certain features of it.
Everything relating to the cookies from Google, both analytical and advertising, as well as their management and settings can be found at:
Modification of the conditions
Kaotiko SL expressly reserves the right to unilaterally modify this Cookies Policy, in full or in part, without the need to give prior notice. The user acknowledges and accepts that it is their responsibility to review this Cookies Policy.
Kaotiko, SL, B62025994, Cl Josep Pla 90-92, Barcelona, Spain.
Data provided by the individual: Kaotiko may collect information of a personal nature that you provide directly to us using the different forms provided. On these forms, you will see that some fields are marked as compulsory since, without this information, we will not be able to provide you with the service requested.
Additionally, over the course of our commercial relationship further information is generated, such as transactional data (for example, information arising from your purchase receipts, orders, returns, etc.), data about connection to and browsing of our different web pages, records of complaints and incidents. This information is processed by Kaotiko since it is of great value both on a statistical and aggregate level - it enables us to find out about our customers, which products they like more or less, how we should configure our page so it is simpler to browse etc - and on an individual level to be able to offer personalised advertising according to customer segment: age range, type of products bought previously and time of purchase.
Your data will be processed to provide the requested service which, among other things, may involve: (i) managing your customer record; (ii) preparation of the order and management of the delivery through any of the channels available; (iii) handling and responding to your questions, queries or complaints.
Non-acceptance of the stated purpose will mean that we will not be able to enter into the contract/s necessary in order to provide you with the services you are interested in.
Whenever you request this via the check boxes provided on the different forms, we will send you commercial information about Kaotiko’s offers, promotions and discounts. This information will be sent via various contact methods (electronic and non electronic): postal address, email, mobile telephone, among others.
Geographical location is disabled by default. Only in cases where you request it, giving your prior consent, will information about our nearest store be activated in order to respond to this request.
Although browsing taking geographical location into account is always dependent on the user’s selected preferences, should you reject access to location data the Platform will not be able to offer you the features that are based on location. The Platform will not carry out continued tracking of the user’s location under any circumstances.
The personal data provided will not be stored once the information request has been answered.
We process information in order to enable and facilitate access and browsing on our digital media. For example, to offer you the version of the web page that best suits the characteristics of the device you are using to view our website, and your language, among other things. Furthermore, with prior consent, we will analyse your browsing habits in order to adapt to your needs. You can consult our cookies policy.
Kaotiko is subject to different laws that entail the processing of personal data in order to comply with them (E.g. Tax laws). In complying with these obligations, your data may be sent to the competent public authorities or Courts, provided that theya are requested via the established legal channels.
Any marketing sent by electronic means will contain a link - UNSUBSCRIBE or similar - that will enable you to manage your privacy and request that we do not send you new commercial communications. Likewise, you can withdraw your consent or express your opposition by email to email@example.com.
If you have registered as a customer on our website, your personal data will be stored until you cancel your subscription, since it is our understanding that, otherwise, you are still interested in keeping your account regardless of the fact that your activity as a partner and/or customer may be suspended for a period of time. If you have not registered as a customer, but you make a purchase online, your data will be stored until it has been confirmed that the order has been delivered without any issues and there are no complaints. Once you ask to unsubscribe or it is confirmed that the order has been delivered without any issues and that there are no complaints, your data will be removed in accordance with the provisions of the data protection law which involves its blocking, and will only be available at the request of the competent Judges and courts, public prosecutors or public authorities during the time prescribed for related lawsuits to be valid and will subsequently be deleted. These periods will vary depending on the type of service, for example, in general for most personal civil lawsuits it is 5 years.
Other than the above-mentioned circumstances, Kaotiko does not communicate your personal data to third parties, unless there is a legal obligation or it is necessary in order to execute the contract.
Your rights regarding the processing of personal data by Kaotiko are as follows: the right to access your personal data, rectify inaccurate data, request its deletion, limit any of the processing or oppose any use (e.g. subsequently oppose the sending of advertising materials) and the portability of your data. To exercise them, you simply need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write a letter to Kaotiko, SL, Calle Josep Pla, 90, 08019 Barcelona, Spain. You have the right to file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
These rights are those of access, rectification, deletion/right to be forgotten, limitation, portability, automated individual decisions and complaints.